Artists-in-Residence programme of tranzit and ERSTE Foundation at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
tranzit is a network of five independent, non-profit organisations in Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic. Since 2002 tranzit has been developing artistic and cultural activities with a critical approach, fostering a permanent dialectic between local and global culture.
The Artists-in-Residence programme at quartier21/MuseumsQuartier is part of this endeavour and provides young artists from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic with a guest studio and the opportunity to live and work in Vienna for the period of one or two months. ERSTE Foundation is the main partner of tranzit and also provides support for the Artists-in-Residence programme. The jury for selecting the artists consists of members of tranzit and ERSTE Foundation.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians working in the field of contemporary art.
Each residence offers:
• a monthly stipend of 1050 EUR
• a studio space to live and work in the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
Applications must include:
• Letter of intent – explaining why you apply and what you expect. What would you like to focus on during the residence (max. 5000 characters)
• Portfolio – documentation of work (website link if available)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• Complete digital form with your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website). Please use download link below.
Applicants should be prepared for the requirement to use the residence in its full length. Accepted applicants are required to hand in a written report after completion of the residence.
Please send applications in English and in digital form. We can accept only .doc/.docx/.pdf. (not more than 3 attachments, not more than 6 mb in total) with subject "MQ AiR 2015" to:
for Czech Republic
(February – March):
for Slovak Republic
(April – May / June – July):
(August – September):
(October – November):
Deadline for submission:
November 3rd, 2014
Selected participants will be notified latest until end of November 2014.
For further questions please contact
Ines Gebetsroither, tranzit.at: firstname.lastname@example.org