Artists-in-Residence programme of ERSTE Foundation, tranzit, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt. Art Collection
The Artist in Residence Programme at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna (MQ AiR) is part of ERSTE Foundation’s and tranzit’s long-termed endeavour to support contemporary art and to strengthen the situation of its creators, especially in the region of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
From 2019 on, the MQ AiR programme will include two more institutions: Igor Zabel Association (IZA) and Kontakt. Art Collection.
Kontakt will collaborate with the Zagreb based WHW Akademija.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia and Croatia working in the field of contemporary art to do research in their respective areas. The research character of the residence should make it possible to take a break from the everyday strenuous production pressure and find time to concentrate on a specific interest. The participants are given the opportunity to live and work for the period of two months in one of the MuseumsQuartier studios right in the heart of Vienna. The studios are equipped with pleasant and functional facilities but do not provide artist’s workshops. During the stay various meeting possibilities are offered to the participants. Each residence grants a monthly stipend of EUR 1050,-.
The participants from Croatia will be selected through a closed call in collaboration with WHW Akademija/Zagreb.
Artists, curators or theoreticians from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovak Republic and Slovenia are invited to take part in the open call – see below for all details.
Together with its long-time project partners from tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro, tranzit.sk, Igor Zabel Association and Kontakt. Art Collection, ERSTE Foundation forms the jury to select the participants.
Applications have to include the following documents:
1. Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website)
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply and what you expect. What would you like to focus on during the residence (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2. Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
• Accepted candidates are required to use the residence in its full length during fixed periods of time. For Romania it will be March – April 2019.
• Only one participant can be selected from each country.
• Applicants who have already received this residence in recent years or have previously participated in our Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy cannot be given priority.
• The correct application form is required (please see above for download link), other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 1st October 2018.
Please send your application with the subject "MQ AiR 2019" to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected participants will be notified latest until mid of November 2018.
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: email@example.com.