coordinated by Alex Cistelecan
The series of seminars continues at tranzit. ro/ Cluj.
Venue: Brassai Sámuel St., no. 5
Karl Marx. Capital, vol. 3
The seminar will revisit the Marxist critique of value in some classical and contemporary texts, with the guiding question whether this is an avant la lettre Weberian critique of modernity as rule of instrumental reason, or a determinate critique of capitalism as a particular and contingent historical formation.
The program of seminars:
Date: Saturday, 15 March 2014
Surplus value, profit, rate of profit
- Cap. 1-4 (Works, vol 25.1, pp. 31-85) / (Penguin, pp. 117-169)
Date: Saturday, 30 March 2014
The cost of capital
- Cap. 5: Savings in the use of constant capital (pp. 170-199)
Date: Saturday, 12 April 2014
Dynamics, fluctuations, crisis
- Cap. 6. The Effect of Changes in Price (pp. 200-234)
- Cap. 7. Supplementary Remarks (pp. 235-240)
Date: Saturday, 26 April 2014
The General Rate of Profit
- Cap. 8. Different Compositions of Capital in Different Branches ... (pp. 241-254)
- Cap. 9. Formation of a General Rate of Profit ... (pp. 254-273)
Date: Saturday, May 10, 2014
Rate of profit and competition
- Cap. 10-12 (operator, 25.1, pp. 176-214) / (Penguin, pp. 273-316)
Date: Saturday, 24 May 2014
The law of the Tendential Fall in the Rate of Profit
- Cap. 13. The law Itself (pp. 317-339)
- Cap. 14. Conteracting factors (pp. 339-348)
Date: Saturday, 7 June 2014
Law of contradiction
- Cap. 15. The development of the internal contradictions of the law (pp. 244-269) / Development of the Laws Internal Contradictions (pp. 349-378)
Alex Cistelecan is lecturer at Petru Maior University, Târgu-Mures. He publishes essays and articles on political philosophy and critical theory.
The main partner of tranzit. ro is ERSTE Foundation.
For more details about the event please e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.