CALL for APPLICATIONS now open until 2 April 2018
ERSTE Foundation offers five fellowships for young artists and five fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2018.
Every summer more than 300 students from more than 50 countries worldwide participate in over 20 classes on art projects at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy is renowned for the high reputation of the teaching artists and for the high number of international participants, aiming at a wide variety of artistic production.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Summer Academy Salzburg between 16 July – 25 August 2018.
More information about the courses for curators and artists here.
Together with its longtime project partners from tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro, tranzit.sk and Igor Zabel Association, ERSTE Foundation offers these scholarships and forms the jury to select the participants.
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy:
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
For more details on accommodation possibilities, please follow this link.
Applications have to include the following documents:
1. Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information (name, address, email, phone, website)
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2. Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please download the application form here.
The application form is required, other application formats cannot be accepted. All documents must be sent as PDF.
Applications are accepted only in English and by email until 2 April 2018. Please send your application with the subject "Salzburg Summer Academy 2018" to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who have already received this scholarship in recent years or have previously participated in our Artist-in-Residence programme at MuseumsQuartier Vienna will not be given priority.
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: email@example.com.