Artists-in-Residence programme of tranzit and ERSTE Foundation at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
tranzit is a network of five independent, non-profit organisations in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic. Since 2002 tranzit has been developing artistic and cultural activities with a critical approach, fostering a permanent dialectic between local and global culture.
The Artists-in-Residence programme at quartier21/MuseumsQuartier in Vienna is part of this endeavour and provides young artists from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic with a guest studio and the opportunity to live and work in Vienna for the period of one or two months. ERSTE Foundation is the main partner of tranzit and also provides support for the Artists-in-Residence programme. The jury for selecting the artists consists of members of tranzit and ERSTE Foundation.
The residencies are designed for artists, curators and theoreticians working in the field of contemporary art.
Each residence offers:
• a monthly stipend of 1050 EUR
• a studio space to live and work in the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna
Applications have to include the following documents:
1. Complete digital application form, including the following information:
• Your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website)
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply and what you expect. What would you like to focus on during the residence (max. 5000 characters)
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
2. Portfolio (max. 10 MB)
Please send the two documents as PDF. Other formats cannot be accepted. Applicants should be prepared for the requirement to use the residence in its full length. Accepted applicants are required to hand in a written report after completion of the residence.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 28 January 2018.
Selected participants will be notified latest until end of February 2018.
Please send your application with subject "MQ AiR 2018" to:
for Romania (September, October, November, December 2018):
For further questions please contact Michaela Geboltsberger/ tranzit.at: